For too long, workers in the alcohol and hospitality industries have struggled with mental health, with employment issues, and with unacceptable pressure from senior staff.
We have collated the following list of resources that we hope will be useful to anyone struggling in their workplace.
To share BrewDog stories privately with on an independent third party platform:
- BrewDog Affected Workers Registration Platform for any BrewDog stories, globally
To share your stories publicly:
- @BritishBeerGirl for UK-based stories
- @Ratmagnet for USA-based stories
- @Fanny.Wandel for Denmark-based stories
- @esbroadfoot for Canada-based stories
Please be aware that sharing stories via social media comes with a set of risks to consider. If you have concerns, be sure to discuss this before agreeing to share.
For mental health support:
The Drinks Trust is the UK drinks industry organisation. Since 1886, The Drinks Trust has provided care and support to the people who form the drinks industry workforce, both past and present. Today we provide vocational, practical, emotional and financial support to those who are currently working, or have worked, in the UK drinks industry. To find out more, please visit The Drinks Trust.
- Financial support
- Counselling on demand
- Sleep CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Help with CVs
- Help with alcohol consumption
To access support:
- Call the 24/7 helpline at 0800 9154610
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “Hi” on Whatsapp to 00 353 87 369 0010
- Call 116 123
- Permanently manned and can talk you through a crisis
- For information about mental health services available to you 9am-6pm Monday- Friday
- Infoline: 0300 123 3393
- Legal line for any mental health discrimination advice: 0300 466 6463
- For help with feeling down and struggling
- CALM chatline: 0800 585 858
- 5pm-midnight every day of the year
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Support
- Online info if you’re worried about your own or someone else’s drinking or drug use, or your mental health.
- Free and confidential support to help you learn more about your drinking and improve your relationship with alcohol.
- For mental health, addiction, debt and support open 24/7
- Helpline: 0808 802 0282